Current URL: /products/support-surfaces/immerse
Document: Normal document (NodeID: 113)
Immerse™ is a unique technological advancement in clinically effective low air loss therapy for patients at risk or suffering from pressure injuries. This full mattress replacement utilizes automatic pressure adjustment in zoned areas of the body for superior pressure redistribution as well as patient comfort.
Immersion mode promotes proper envelopment to effectively manage the microclimate, while pulsation mode adds gentle stimulation action that aids in the increase of capillary blood flow to the skin.
The fowler feature on Immerse allows for increased airflow to the mattress when the head section of the bed is elevated. The top cover is vapor permeable, low friction, and anti-shear. Immerse is available in both bariatric and non-bariatric configurations.
||35", 39", 42", or 48"
||600 or 1,000 lbs.
1. Damaged or Worn Covers for Medical Bed Mattresses Pose Risk of Contamination and Patient Infection. (2013, Apr. 19). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved from wayback.archive-it. org/7993/20170722215739/https:/www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ Safety/AlertsandNotices/ucm348016.htm
2. Keeping Patients Safe from Contaminated Mattresses. (2017, Nov. 20). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved from www.fda. gov/downloads/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ GeneralHospitalDevicesandSupplies/HospitalBeds/UCM585910.pdf
3. Covers for Hospital Bed Mattresses: Learn How to Keep Them Safe. (2017, Nov. 20). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved from www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ GeneralHospitalDevicesandSupplies/HospitalBeds/ucm585737.htm
4. 2018 National Patient Safety Goals. (2018). The Joint Commission. Accessed online: www.jointcommission.org/standards_ information/npsgs.aspx 5. 2018 National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2018 – Hospital Accreditation Program. (2017, Nov. 15). The Joint Commission. Accessed online: www.jointcommission.org/ hap_2017_npsgs/
5. 2018 National Patient Safety Goals Effective January 2018 – Hospital Accreditation Program. (2017, Nov. 15). The Joint Commission. Accessed online: www.jointcommission.org/ hap_2017_npsgs/