About the Authors
Bonnie B. Swafford, PT, DPT
Bonnie is a front-line clinician at Saint Luke’s Health System in Kansas City, Mo. She has specialty experience in the rehab of bariatric patients. She is a clinical instructor, a frequent presenter, and a manuscript reviewer. email@example.com
Mark Dwyer, PT, MHA, FACHE; Lorra Embers, PT, MSHA, FACHE; Jackie Dwyer, PT, DPT;
Sue Worden, PT, MS, CSPHA; Sizewise.
1. Mobilization for Persons with Acute Stroke: A Survey of Current Physical Therapy Clinical Practice. (2020). Journal of Acute Care Physical Therapy. 11(1).
2. Nonfatal Occupational Injuries and Illnesses Requiring Days Away from Work. (2016). Table 7. Incidence rates for nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses involving days away from work per 10,000 full-time workers by selected worker occupation and nature of injury or illness, all ownerships, 2015. Retrieved from www.bls.gov/news.release/osh2.nr0.htm
3. Halbert J, Pearce R. Advantages of using ceiling mounted lifts in acute stroke rehabilitation. (2013). Journal of Acute Care Physical Therapy. 4(2)73-83.
4. Kluding P, Swafford B. Responsiveness and validity of the Kansas University standing balance scale. (2006). Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 29(3).
5. Swafford B. Validity of Kansas University Hospital Physical Therapy Acute Care Functional Outcomes Tool. (2018). Acute Care Perspectives. 17(3)14-18.